Total Pageviews

Monday, June 6, 2011

First run in with Japanese Health Care - They don't mess around

All employees in Japan are required to get annual physicals. Apparently it's not all that uncommon for people to work to death here. Today I had mine.

The staff was quite friendly, although no one spoke English. They recorded blood pressure, weight, height, waist size, and eyesight. I got an EKG, a chest x-ray, and they took at least 6CCs of blood for tests to be done.

After they drew the blood, into an enormous syringe, I started to feel light headed - I should also note that I was forbidden to eat anything before the physical on the day of the exam. I then fainted, when I came too I was surrounded by three nurses all speaking to me in Japanese and arranging my limbs and head. Once I was in position the other two nurses left, leaving the other nurse to carry on with the EKG without missing a beat while I lay there all confused as to where I was.

I should get the results next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment